To give full time support to the Head of Disputes and Resolution working within a busy department. Amongst other things, the job holder will ensure that client care is delivered to the highest standards and that matters progress quickly. On the job training and time for learning and study will be provided.
Person Specification – Skills, knowledge and experience required:
• An ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately face to face, by telephone and by email;
• Sufficient numerical ability to calculate interest on claims;
• An ability to prioritise urgent workloads and work effectively under pressure;
• An ability to note and follow instructions and work effectively as part of a team;
• An ability to conduct research and present information to the Head of Disputes and Resolutions;
• Excellent attention to detail, time management, administrative and personal organisation;
• An ability to work with case management and other IT systems; and
• Whilst experience of working within a legal environment is desirable, it is not compulsory. However, the job holder will ideally have experience of a variety of working environments.
• 3 A Levels at grade A* – C, or equivalent.
General Responsibilities :
• Dealing with enquiries from potential new clients;
• Preparing client care packs, performing anti-money laundering checks and setting up new files;
• Attending and assisting in initial and subsequent client meetings, mediations and court hearings;
• Communicating with clients in various methods;
• Taking client instructions;
• Drafting advice, Solicitors letters, letters before action, claim forms, statements of case, instructions to Counsel, deeds, consent orders and other legal documents; and
• Performing general administrative tasks including (but not limited to) scanning, filing, archiving, diarising appointments and case time limits, preparing invoices and statements of account, photocopying and scanning documents and preparing mediation and hearing bundles.