We are looking for someone to join our specialist team of lawyers and support staff dedicated to providing the highest standards of client care across the full range of Matrimonial / Family matters.
We are particularly looking for someone with experience of dealing with Divorce and Finances.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Arranging appointments and attending new, current and former clients and dealing with their queries including.
• Obtaining instructions and advising on course(s) of action, length and cost of case (as appropriate).
• Assessment of client’s financial means and explanation of Legal Aid or Private terms and conditions.
• Making applications for Legal Aid or obtaining private funds as appropriate.
• Attending clients at Court.
• Drafting and/or dictating correspondence to client, court, solicitors counsel and other third parties, including Statements, Notices, Applications, and other Legal Forms/Documents.
• Instructing counsel, experts, solicitor advocates or other third parties, reviewing reports and continued liaison as required.
• Arranging hearings and conferences.
• Obtaining and reviewing evidence and statements.
• Negotiation on client’s behalf and, liaising with opponents, judges, etc. to obtain most preferable outcome for clients.
• Ensuring efficient day-to-day progress of all matters, prioritising work as necessary and keeping the client informed on progress.
• Filing documents to client files, dealing with closed files, and maintaining the firm’s closed file records.
• Day to day supervision and file review of all nominated supervisees (If appropriate)
• Compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
• To ensure that all work carried out meets or exceeds the requirements of the LAA’s Standard Contract, the SRA Code of Conduct and meets Quality Mark standards.
• To record all work carried out accurately and appropriately on the firm’s computerised time recording system.
• Excellent analytical and organisational skills.
• Excellent IT skills, familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management systems.
• Excellent client care skills and ability to deal with clients in a sensitive manner.
• Committed team player and capable of adapting well to new challenges.
• Professional pro-active approach.
• The ability to meet and exceed tight deadlines.
• Genuine passion for family law.
• Commercially minded with an eye to business development.
• Qualified Solicitor or ILEX Accredited ideally 3 year + PQE
• Must have a valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying.
• Particular experience of dealing with Divorce and Finances.
• Full clean Driving Licence essential.
• Have experience of dealing with Legal Aid.
• To hold a Family Panel membership is an advantage but not essential.
RG&CO is an equal opportunities employer.