Full or Part Time
Hours of Work:
09.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday
Rate of Pay:
Depending upon experience
Nature of the Role:
To provide administrative and technical support in busy conveyancing department.
Nature of the Role:
- Being the first point of contact for all clients in person and on the telephone;
- File opening and closing in accordance with the firm’s accounting and client care procedures;
- Scanning incoming post and documentation on to the firm’s electronic document storage system;
- Time recording on the firm’s electronic accounts system if required;
- Preparation of contracts and bundles of supporting documentation on sale matters;
- Requisitioning standard searches on purchase matters;
- Preparing general correspondence in letter and email format;
- Assisting the fee earner in preparing reports to clients;
- Keeping the firm’s electronic document storage system up to date in all matters;
- Preparing standard correspondence and supporting documentation at exchange of Contracts;
- Dealing with all pre–completion matters including preparation of financial statements;
- Administering completions and preparing applications for registration for submission to the Land Registry;
- Liaising with clients, other lawyers, estate agents, mortgage brokers etc. on a day to day basis to deal with straightforward non-technical queries and to take clear messages as appropriate where the fee earner’s involvement may be required and recording in writing on files details of all contact;
- Providing prospective clients with quotes and converting them in to work
- Forming part of the reception lunchtime cover rota.
- Archiving of all files for the conveyancing departments
- Managing fee earners diaries and booking conference rooms as required
- Undertake any other duties that may be necessary and/or appropriate to the role.
- Previous residential conveyancing experience desirable
- Efficient and accurate word processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Compassionate and sensitive client care
- Time management skills
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to work under pressure and to cope with a varied and often fast moving office environment
- To present a smart and professional appearance and manner
- Excellent IT skills including Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel, Outlook.
Personal Qualities Required:
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- A helpful, friendly and patient approach
- A good sense of humour
- Dedicated and committed.
- Excellent time-keeping
How to Apply:
Please visit the firm’s website at www.rg-law.co.uk and apply through our online application process.
Alternatively, please email your CV and accompanying letter to our practice manager, Rachael Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org
RG&CO is an equal opportunities employer.