Location: New Milton
Duty Rota: Southampton
Hours: Full and part time hours available
- To undertake matters which you are competent to conduct having due regard to the policies and procedures defined in the Quality Manual relating to your areas of work:
- Arranging appointments and attending new, current and former clients and dealing with their queries including: obtaining instructions and advising on course(s) of action, length and cost of case (as appropriate);
- Assessment of client’s financial means and explanation of Public Funding or Private terms and conditions;
- Attending clients at Courts and Police Stations;
- Drafting and/or dictating correspondence to client, court, solicitors counsel and other third-parties, including Statements, Notices, Applications, and other Legal Forms/Documents
- Instructing counsel, experts, solicitor advocates or other third-parties, reviewing reports and continued liaison as required;
- Arranging hearings and conferences;
- Obtaining and reviewing evidence and statements;
- Negotiation on clients behalf and, liaison with opponents, judges, etc. to obtain most preferable outcome for clients;
- Ensuring efficient day-to-day progress of all matters, prioritising work as necessary and keeping the client informed on progress.
- Compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all work carried out meets or exceeds the requirements of the LAA’s Standard Contract, the SRA Code of Conduct and meets Quality Mark standards.
- To record all work carried out accurately and appropriately on the firm’s computerised time recording system.
- Analytical skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- IT skills
- Legal Skills
- Commercial awareness
- Criminal Law
- Qualified Solicitor or FILEx
- Minimum of 2 years PQE
- Duty Solicitor
- Driving licence essential