Job Description and Person Specification
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Rachael Fisher
Hours of Work: 08:45 – 17.00 Monday to Friday (36 hours)
Rate of Pay: £17,000 – £19,000 pa Depending upon experience
To manage the firm’s reception efficiently and thoroughly and to ensure that client care is treated as the utmost priority.
- To manage the reception area within the office to a high professional standard.
- To answer all calls to the office promptly, in a courteous and confident manner, transferring callers to the appropriate departments and/or taking sufficiently detailed messages.
- To deal with all visitors to the office in a highly professional manner.
- Managing the post desk to include, opening all post, date stamping it and scanning and emailing correspondence to the relevant fee earners and their secretaries before placing in staff pigeonholes. As well as stamping, franking and sending the post daily.
- Monitoring the fax inbox and renaming faxes according to company policy and forwarding to relevant fee earners / departments for their attention.
- Managing and ordering all the office stationery supplies.
- To manage the conference room diary and ensure it is kept clean and tidy and to set it up in preparation of meetings.
- Arranging appointments with clients.
- Archiving client files and being the office point of contact for our external storage providers and dealing with requests and deliveries of files and deeds and to ensuring appropriate records are maintained and updated.
- Printing the office cheques as requested by Accounts and organising for them to be signed by a Partner or the Practice Manager.
- Providing secretarial and administrative support as and when required.
- To assist as necessary with other duties commensurate with the role e.g. filing, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- To work at all times in accordance with the policies and practices defined within the Office Manual and LAA Quality Manual and to liaise with the Partners / Practice Manager regarding suggested improvements to any aspect of the quality system.
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- A helpful, friendly and patient approach
- Dedicated and committed.
- Excellent time-keeping
- To ensure the first impression of any caller or visitor is one of politeness, friendliness and professionalism.
- Appearance should be smart and professional at all times.
- A good sense of humour
- Excellent customer service skills with a professional, confident and friendly manner.
- Good ICT, Windows 2010, Office 365 to include Outlook, Word and Excel.
- An ability to organise and prioritise tasks.
- An ability to work independently and unsupervised under pressure.
- Ability to work within a team and to be a team player.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Sense of humour.
- The operation of Law Firm (an advantage)
- Previous experience as a receptionist (desirable)