Job Description and Person Specification
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Edward Stack
Hours of Work: 09.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday (35 hours)
Rate of Pay: Depending upon experience
Nature of the role:
To provide administrative and technical support to a busy commercial property solicitor who works remotely.
- Use digital transcript system to create letters, emails, and documents to the highest standard in line with the clients’ house style.
- Produce documents which include track changes.
- Prepare draft bills, printing billing guides and statements and complete all account forms to enable bills to be produced and monitoring payment of the same.
- Time recording on the firm’s electronic accounts system if required.
- Diary management (including arranging meetings etc).
- Email management (taking action where appropriate).
- Open files in accordance with internal company procedures.
- Adhere to the firm’s policy when dealing with files throughout the course of a transaction and at file closure stage.
- Demonstrate effective file management, including location/retrieval.
- Being the first point of contact for all clients in person and on the telephone.
- Support department case load by dealing with file-related queries either face to face or by telephone.
- Ensure that clients are dealt with efficiently and politely and that appropriate legal matters are raised within the department.
- Undertake photocopying and scanning of documents.
- Responsibility for ensuring all money laundering checks on all files.
- Keeping the firm’s electronic filing system up to date.
- Storage of deeds in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Archiving of all files for the department.
- Undertake any other duties that may be necessary and/or appropriate to the role.
- Forming part of the reception lunchtime cover rota.
- Assisting with other departments as the need arises.
List the skills, qualifications, personal qualities and additional requirements necessary for the role.
A thorough working knowledge of the residential conveyancing process is essential. Knowledge and understanding of commercial conveyancing a distinct advantage.
- Efficient and accurate word processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to work under pressure and to cope with a varied and often fast moving office environment
- To present a smart and professional appearance and manner
- Excellent IT skills including Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel, Outlook
Personal qualities required:
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- A helpful, friendly and patient approach
- A good sense of humour
- Dedicated and committed.
- Excellent time-keeping